PagesPat's Ponderings

Thursday, March 31, 2016

Some Days Are Good, Some Not so...

I've been "on vacation" this week while the students who attend the school at which I work are on Spring Break. We didn't go anywhere, but I've had a lot of time to create in my craft room. Besides creating DT projects, I have had some fun with water colors, and created this canvas. It describes the twisted path my life has taken lately.
Without going into detail, a family member has been diagnosed with a serious health issue. It is the kind of thing that, if allowed, would consume every waking moment. I often read myself to sleep every night, turning off the light and taking off my glasses only when I can no longer keep my eyes open. It's my way of taking a break from obsessing over it.
No one can live with constant unending stress and anxiety. It's okay, even healthy, to give yourself some time off, to go out with the girls and party, to lock yourself in your craft room, to read yourself to sleep, when things get too overwhelming to function.
It's okay to have "days for living" and "days for getting through." That's what my muse told me when I started to dip my brush in the paint and water. Some days are for creating a safe place to let your mind go numb and your heart carefree, even if only for an hour or so...

1 comment:

ike said...

A gorgeous painting Pat - so sorry to hear of the problems in your life. I totally agree with your viewpoint - that is a great way to get through life :-D xxxxxxxxxxxxx