PagesPat's Ponderings

Monday, February 8, 2016

Five Little Froggies

Five little froggies sitting at the well,
One hopped off ‘cause he heard a bell.
The second one croaked “My mama’s calling me”
The next leaped after a buzzing bumble bee.
Another caught a fly and he left grinning
and the last frog sang, "Brr, I wish it were Spring!"
~Pat Martin, 2016


Five little froggies sitting at the well,
One got excited and down he fell.
The second one said, “Our brother’s in the drink!”
They all croaked loudly and started to think.
“I’ll get a ladder” and one hopped away
While the others jumped off to find another way.
The first one cried, “What’s all the fuss about?”
And he gave a mighty leap and hopped on out!
~Pat Martin, 2016


Good morning, crafters! Monday brings us a new challenge from the Outlawz Monday Greetings challenge. The theme this week is Springtime! I created my card with leftover papers and embellishments to frame a Robyn's Fetish digi image called Five Little Froggies. Robyn's Fetish is this week's Guest Sponsor.
As soon as I laid eyes on this image, my mind started playing with rhymes and came up with the two ditties above. Which do you like better? Tell me in your comment and I'll pick one to mail this card to!
Sometimes an image inspires me, but most often words do. What inspires you? Whatever your muse, have fun creating, then link up with the Outlawz Monday Greetings challenge this week!
Challenges I am Entering:
Alphabet Challenge blog - Y is for You Choose
Craft for the Craic challenges - Something to Make You Smile (please read the poems that go with the card)
Creative Fingers - Anything Goes
Simply Papercraft - Anything Goes


4 comments:

Rannah Romps said...

How wonderful, that poem was spectacular!!

Glittertastic said...

What an apt sentiment for this time of year! Thanks for joining in at Simply Papercraft

Sharon (Glittertastic)
DT Member

Mary said...

Very pretty card. love the design.

I just joined your blog. And hope that you'll come over to mine sometime.

http://createfulheartcards.blogspot.com/


Suchi said...

Wonderful colors- lovely card! Thank u for joining us at Craft for the craic! Hope you will join us again! :)
Suchi xx