PagesPat's Ponderings

Friday, January 1, 2016

Starting the New Year with Thanksgiving

I received several gifts from families in the program at which I work, so now is the time to create my thank you cards and send them out. What a lovely way to start the New Year but with reminders of the people who thought of me this holiday season. I am gifted with so many caring and generous people - those with whom I work, teachers who volunteer their time, and families whose children come to learn their faith. My own faith is strengthened by the job at which I work!
Today I created this lovely Thank You card using a digital image from Sandi Samples, who is sponsoring the Outlawz Progressive Freebie challenge blog's first challenge of the year. The challenge is always anything goes, runs monthly, and rewards you with a free digi every time you create and link up a card or project using the image of the month. If you haven't started yet to play in this challenge, you can purchase the image at Sandi's Samples. It is called Cabbage Rose. Link your card by the end of January and the next month's image will be sent to you at no cost. Continue through the year and snag every image we get from our sponsors in 2016!!  I have never heard of a person who didn't like FREE! LOL
Continuing  with my promise to use up my stash and simplify my crafting needs,I found the dark blue embossed card front in a file drawer, and die-cut the leftover part of my cardstock to frame my image. I kept the embellishments simple,with a couple jewels  and a small spray ti give the card some shimmer. I have a few more Thank You cards to create. How about you? Did you get what you wished for this Christmas? My wish for you is a healthy and prosperous New Year.
And as always, crafters, have fun!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Your card is beautiful!