PagesPat's Ponderings

Monday, July 20, 2015

Service Comes in All Sizes

I love playing with Kenny K's digis, and when I saw this Girl Soldier digi image, I had to create with it for the Outlawz Greetings challenge this week. Kenny K is one of our generous sponsors this month, and is offering 3 digi images as a prize to one lucky winner.
The theme this week is Buttons! and I have been experimenting with merging paper and digital crafting techniques again. My card is 1 part digital and the rest cut and color. Can you tell which is which? LOL
I colored my image with Copics, going back in time to when I wore fatigues and they were a mix of greens and browns. I was never as buff as this soldier, but I did put in my time for my country, and proud of it. That's why I support programs such as Operation Write Home, Honor Flight, and Wounded Warrior. This card will join others in a mail out to deployed troops. There's a Reserve Unit close to home (I should know, my son is an Army Reservist) and they have at least one company deployed.
I have to admit, the digital elements on my card are my buttons, the necessary element to qualify for this challenge (well, that plus a greeting). I was struck by inspiration for my card, and had no idea at the time what the theme was, so had to add them in last minute as it were.
So when you create a card for the Outlawz Greetings challenge this week, Don't Forget Those BUTTONS! LOL And as always, have fun crafting!
Challenges I am Entering:
Artistic Inspirations - Anything Goes
Crafting from the Heart - Anything Goes
Cutie Pie challenges - Cute as a Button
Get Creative challenges - Stars
Not Just Cards - Anything Goes
Use Your Stuff - Anything Goes
613 Avenue Create - Moon and/or STARS
Lil Patch of Crafty Friends - Anything Goes


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Super fun card. Love the image. Thanks for joining us this week at 613 Avenue Create. Please join us again.

vmcexpressions said...

Beautiful military theme card, thanks for joining the challenge at Get Creative Challenges, good luck.

Anonymous said...

Super card and a great image. Thanks for joining us at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends and good luck.
Rose DT x

Helen said...

A great card - love your colouring.

Thanks for joining us at the Cutie Pie Challenge.

Helen x