PagesPat's Ponderings

Thursday, May 14, 2015

Anything Goes at Your Scrapbook Place

Have you been to Your Scrapbook Place challenge blog this month? Their sponsor is Imagine That and the DT has created some inspiring art. I used a digi image called      . After coloring her with Copics, I framed her with a paper doily that I colored with homemade shimmer mists.
 I folded a large K&Co tag in half as my card base, and embellished with sparkly trim, a ribbon bow, flowers and a butterfly.
My card was super easy and quick to create. My secret is that I have most supplies within arm's length, so I can grab paper from my left, as well as my markers; embellishments are sorted and labeled in a workshop unit, the kind my hubby would use for screws, nails, washers and such; my tape gun is on a shelf above my table. I snagged a shadowbox from last summer's rummage sale and hubby put it up over my table. Now I have all my sprays, powders, specialty markers and pens, distress inks, etc., up off my table but readily accessible.
It sure sounds like I have a designer craft area, but NOTHING in my room matches. I have no budget for my crafting, so when I see a piece of furniture or storage supplies on clearance (or lying on the side of the road LOL) I decide if I can use it and it makes its home in my area. So my crafting den is organized but not pretty! And that is why you don't see photos of it!!
Back to the challenge. Your Scrapbook Place is a challenge blog for ALL crafters, not just scrapbookers. Their challenges are always Anything Goes, and run monthly. They would love to see what you have created this month, so hop on over there!!
And as always, crafters, have fun today!
Challenges I am Entering:
613 Avenue Create - Anything Goes w/optional Let's Celebrate!
Stamping Sensations - May Flowers
Crafting by Design - Flowers

5 comments:

Kristine said...

Hi there :) Your card is so pretty with those various shimmer mists on the doily - I've never seen that before!! Lovely job using my "Emma" digi. I'm very happy to be the sponsor for this challenge. :)

~Kris
Imagine That! 'Digi of the Month' Challenge

Chana Malkah said...

Your card is adorable and your craft studio sounds like my kind of place! At the end of the day, all that matters is that you are happy pursuing your hobby and sharing your projects with the rest of us! Thanks for dropping your creation off by our house at 613 Avenue Create!
Hugz,
Chana, Owner

AO Creations said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at 613 Avenue Create, good luck!!! Amy DT

brenda said...

A gorgeous image and pretty colour palette.

Many thanks for sharing your pretty card with us at Stamping Sensations challenge.

B x

Eret said...

Your card is cute. Love this colorful doily behind the pretty image. Thank you for sharing your lowely card with us at Stamping Sensation.
Eret x