PagesPat's Ponderings

Monday, March 16, 2015

Show Off Those Ribbons & Bows at the Outlawz Greetings This Week

Today brings a new challenge from the Outlawz Greetings challenges: make a card with Ribbons & Bows (and as always, a sentiment must be on the front). I colored up an image from All Dressed Up, our sponsor this week. She's called Sweetie Pie, so I had to make a sweet card with which to showcase her.
Now, I don't know about your neck of the woods, but here in Chicago, we still have lumpy hills of snow and ice in our yards. So when I saw this little sweetie, I thought she looked like I have been looking for the last week, thinking that Spring would never come!
My card is actually a gate fold card, and the photo above shows off one of the "gates." Here's a photo of the card open. The quote is from a poem/song by Gertrude Tooley Buckingham and reads, "Gentle Spring's around the corner, Waiting just to show her face
And to bring us flowers and sunshine; Winter's almost run its race!"
Like her, I have hope that Winter will soon disappear until next year, and Spring is already working its magic under that frozen blanket.
Got some time to create a card this week? Come play in the Outlawz Greetings challenge, where all you need is a sentiment and some ribbon & bows!
Don't forget to check out all the lovely images over at All Dressed Up! There are some freebies as well, which you can use on their challenge blog.



6 comments:

Sheila said...

Beautiful card! This is one of my favourite images from All Dressed Up. Thanks so much for joining us on our challenge and good luck.
Sheila
*All Dressed Up DT*

Nancy said...

Beautiful card! I love Sweetie Pie! The sentiment you added goes perfectly with her. Thanks for joining us at All Dressed Up! :o)

Bernadet said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bernadet said...

This is gorgeous Pat!
I like everything about your card, and this image.... so very sweet!
Thanks for joining us at All Dressed Up!!

Unknown said...

I do love this image in particular, and I think you have created something really special with her! Smiles.

Thank you so much for joining us at All Dressed Up Stamps and good luck!
Hugs,
Karen. DT.xx

Penny said...

sorry if you get a double comment from me, i think there are gremlins at play. Love the layout for this, and your photography is great to show off that great rounded card front. Thanks for playing with the All Dressed up challenge Penny (ADU DT)