PagesPat's Ponderings

Monday, March 16, 2015

Dancing with Serendipity on the Path of Positivity

When a person takes the dance floor of life, she is at the whim of the music, the tempo, even the partners that she may dance with. When the music stops, whatever the outcome, it is at the whim of serendipity.
This month's theme at the Path of Positivity challenge blog takes us down the path of Serendipity, that unexpected good fortune that we have all experienced at one time or another. One of this month's sponsors is Luna Girl, heavenly website of gorgeous, whimsical, and vintage image sheets. I got to play with Music Sheet.
I tore into the images--literally tearing individual images to form a collage on an 8x8 canvas. Sheet music (found at a rummage sale) and patterned papers formed a base of sorts. I adhered images, and a die-cut sentiment that reads: "Everything has a rhythm. Everything dances" by Maya Angelou. 
To embellish, I used ribbon bows, paper flowers and doilies, lace and pearls, then sprayed everything with homemade shimmer mist. I love the look of my project, and can't wait to hang it in my room. Or should I give Serendipity a helping hand and send it to someone as a surprise?
Come join me on the Path of Positivity as we explore serendipity together in the way of cards, mixed media, and writing. The challenge is open through the month of March, and I would love to bump into you there!
The sponsors and prizes for this challenge are:

A $12 gift certificate from Sami Stamps, one of our guest sponsors this month, for the post or project that the DT deems most inspiring of the bunch.
  • A $15 gift certificate from Lunagirl, one of our guest sponsors this month, for a person chosen in a random draw based on all entrants.
  • One digital image from Creative Bug Digital SnapShots for each person chosen as a DT Delight.

There will also be:
  • One digital designer paper (made to order in a couple different ways) from Décosse's Dynamite Doodles for one lucky voter who leaves a comment.
  • One digital sentiment for every single person who enters the challenge.
Other Challenges I am Entering:
Luna Girl Challenge blog - Fruit &/or Flowers 
Craft My Life - All crafts 
 Frilly & Funky challenges - Bring on the Bling
2 Creative Chicks - Anything Goes (no cards-mine is an 8x8 canvas)
Crafting Musketeers - Ribbons & Pearls
Altered Eclectics - Mixed media only 

9 comments:

Karen Lunagirl said...

Wow, what a gorgeous collage! I'm proud to be sponsoring at Path of Positivity, and I'm glad you shared this work at my own challenge at LunagirlMoonbeams.com! Absolutely inspired use of these images, and I love your quote too ~ Karen

Nana said...

Such a stunning collage. Thanks for linking up over at 2 Creative Chicks

Have a creative day.
Nana
♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
♥ Nana's Rag Quilts ♥
♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

Cec said...

Super collage of lovely vintage dance images. Love how the pearl strands tie everything together. Thanks for joining us at Frilly and Funkie.
Hugs!
Cec

Pam said...

This is a beautiful collage!

Thanks for linking up over at 2 Creative Chicks

Have a creative day.
Pam
♥ Scrap N Sew Granny ♥
♥ Pam's Stitched With Love ♥

Sue said...

A very pretty altered canvas. The images you've chosen look great. Thanks for sharing with us at Altered Eclectics.

Dreaming of Vintage said...

Gorgeous collage piece! I've always loved Karen's (Lunagirl) collage sheets. She finds the most beautiful images!

Jenny Marples said...

This is such a great collage! Thank you for joining us at Frilly and Funkie. Jenny x

Rocky said...

Thank you for sharing your work with us at Altered Eclectics. I love the dance theme to this project and the quote is pretty good too.

Lynne Mizera said...

What a wonderful Collage you created, and you reminded me how much I LOVE Path of POsitivity and that I need to come visit more often! Thank you for sharing your project with us over at Altered Eclectics!