PagesPat's Ponderings

Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Love Me Some Shimmer

There are two things I love above all else when it comes to crafting--getting the best deals and putting some shimmer on my projects. The card above satisfies my craving for both!
I made the background paper with homemade red and gold shimmer misting sprays (commercially known as glimmer mists if you buy Tattered Angels). I had made several different colors of my own sprays by draining "dried out" markers in alcohol and adding Pearl-X when I had the shade I wanted. I LOVE that I now own so many sprays in so many different colors. More are on their way--I just need to snag some more spray bottles from the Dollar Store (working at a school during the summer helped with the markers inventory).
After cutting and adhering the shimmery paper onto my card front, I colored a paper doily with my red shimmer misting spray to frame my Copic-colored Squigglefly digi image. It's called Cheerleader from artist James Horvath. As if there wasn't enough shine to my card, I added the strip of black jewels wrapping behind my sentiment (SU) and my card, my shimmery, shiny card, is complete.
I am in a back-to-school mood, and what is best about the first couple weeks of school is a holiday right off the bat - Labor Day!! Can I get three cheers for a sleep-in, time-to-craft, BBQ kind of holiday?!
Challenges entered with my card:
Outlawz Monday Greetings Card challenge - Labor Day theme

1 comment:

Holly Young said...

oooh, the background you created is so pretty! Love the fun sentiment that you used too. Great card Pat!