PagesPat's Ponderings

Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Red + Pink = This Week's Squigglefly Challenge

This week's challenge over at Squigglefly is to use a Squigglefly image and a red and pink color combo.  I loved this Squigglefly digi image called "Tiger" from artist Enid Barnes.  As soon as I saw it, i knew it was going to be used on a Valentine's card for my hubby of 37 years.
I used pink chalk ink and dabbed it all over a gray cardstock base.  After coloring my image with Copics (V12), I adhered it onto red cardstock to frame it, then added it to my card with dimensional tape.
I had a piece of leftover hearts border from a previous project to use on the bottom of my card.  I added a red ribbon bow, then colored with a white gel pen a few hearts onto the card in random spots.  I also outlined the letters that spell out "Wild Thing."  Three tiny red pearls embellish my image.
On the inside of the card, I used Microsoft Word for the sentiment:  "You make my Heart sing."

And he does--my hubby, I mean.  He makes my heart sing and I am so happy he remains my one and only Valentine!

Hop on over to the Squigglefly Challenge Blog for some inspiration.  Hope you play in our challenge this week!

3 comments:

Holly Young said...

oh Pat this is delightful and fun! I love the hearts border at the bottom. I to have been married for 37 years! Time flies...

nwilliams6 said...

I love your pink tiger! What a totally great and fun idea! Your card is wonderful Pat!!!! I love your sweet words about your hubby too - grabs my heart! Hugz!!!

Karen Schroeder said...

Awesome card...love the tiger!