PagesPat's Ponderings

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

QKD Card Is the Bee's Knees

I am loving the vintage images from Queen Kat Designs this month.  This image is digital and called Douglas and Emma, designed by artist Beverly Cowan.
I decided to make a triptych, which is a "set of three."  Instead of coloring the images with all colors of Copics, I colored the entire boxed image in one solid color, adding a little more depth to her dress and his suit.  For a little more highlight, I added diamond Stickles to her dress.  I framed them with black card stock.

I used a sheet of American Crafts paper from the Take A Note stack for the background, distressing the edges with ink.  After placing my images, I added a string of pearls (from a broken necklace), and a bit of lace for the top.  In the bottom corner, I shaded part of a paper doily with coordinating colors and stamped the sentiment using another QKD image from the Birthday collection.  I added some contrast to the patterns in the doily with black gel pen.

For a finishing touch, a threw on some sequins for extra sparkle.  Looking for vintage images?  The QKD Shop is the place to find them!  If you need some inspiration, visit the QKD Facebook page as well. You never know what crazy contests and prizes you'll find there!

1 comment:

vic said...

This is so cool :) loving the solid colouring and the papers are fab!!!
Hugs
Vic x