PagesPat's Ponderings

Monday, January 13, 2014

Nothing Like a Good Read

Santa (and my family) was very good to me this Christmas.  I got some cool crafting supplies, like the Spellbinders die with which I cut my Squigglefly digi image called "A Good Read Maddie" by artist Cheryl Grant Alger.
Isn't she cute?  After I colored her with Copics and used my Epic Six to diecut her, I decided that she would make an awesome bookmark.  I made a corner tuck bookmark.  Here's what the bookmark looks tucked in to save my page.
And another present I received was a book.  I love distopian stories like Hunger Games, and the book I received is another great series.  In fact, the movie from the first book is coming out later this year.  Here's the cover:
I was so excited to receive it.  It is the final chapter of the Divergent series, where society is centered around factions that display specific behaviors and when children reach a certain age, they are required to choose the faction that matches their "aptitude" test, or to remain in the faction in which they were born.  I've read Divergent, Insurgent and now I have Allegiant!
What did you receive for Christmas?  This week's Squigglefly challenge is to make a project using or showing something you received during the holidays (and of course a Squigglefly digi image).  Could be your week to win!!

3 comments:

Tammy said...

Adorable and such a cute image! Great idea to make it a bookmark!

Holly Young said...

Very cute bookmarker! I love the die cut you used to cut it out. Super coloring! I'm really glad to hear you like the divergent series - I just added it to my book list!

nwilliams6 said...

Fun presents you showed us here Pat. I love that die and your image is precious (one of my favorite SC images). Cute! I haven't read any of these books but after reading your write up and hearing how excited about this book you are, I may have to read it too. I have been reading free books on my Nook - I may have to splurge and actually have to pay for one! Hugz!