PagesPat's Ponderings

Monday, December 2, 2013

Let Your Dreams Fly High as a Kite

Taking a break from Christmas card making (and Christmas present and goody bag and gift wrap and table decoration making) to make a card for this week's Squigglefly challenge, which is to make a card that shimmers and shines.

So I grabbed a new December release from Dawn Collins called Fly A Kite.  After coloring it with Copics, I framed it and distressed the edges.

An  circle-punched and embossed "thank you" sentiment finished my card with the basics.  Then I got to throw on the glitz, using various colors of Stickles on the kite tail, as well as kite-shaped jewels under the sentiment.  A shiny sequin puts my shiny card to rest.

Like shiny?  Got bling?  Go play in the Squigglefly challenge.  All you meed is a Squigglefly digi image and some shiny stuff and you could win a free digi!

2 comments:

Tammy said...

Love your adorable card and great background!

Holly Young said...

Really nice Pat! I like the places you chose to add sparkle!