PagesPat's Ponderings

Friday, January 11, 2013

Steampunk Challenge on Forever Night Creepy Challenges Blog

Do you love Halloween?  Well, on Forever Night Creepy Challenges Blog, it's Halloween all year round--in crafting terms!  This week's challenge is STEAMPUNK, and a big thank you goes to Sassy Studio Designs, this week's sponsor.
I used a SSD image called Steampunk Josephine.  I just love her!  She is fun and funky and curvaceous and cute!  I am a newbie to Steampunk, but I'm slowly getting my toes wet as I step deeper into these new waters.
I colored Josephine with my Copics, then added some shimmer with Stickles and a glitter gel pen.  I distressed my background paper, and added to it with another stamped image from Queen Kat Designs, then Stickled the chains and added a medallion.
A Tim Holtz sentiment, "life is about creating yourself" is underfoot.
What's new with you in 2013?  I decided this year I would like to create a new ME (or at least improve upon her).
My first resolution is to DO or LEARN something new each month.  It could be Yoga or Beading or German, I don't know yet. LOL
My second resolution is to try and LIVE HEALTHIER.  Better food, more activity, stronger body.
My last resolution is to perform a RANDOM ACT of KINDNESS every day--giving my time, my talent, my treasure, wherever I go and whomever I may meet.
Simple plan, hope I can live up to my dreams!!  Wish me luck, I'll be keeping track of my year here, along with all my lovely crafting.
Now jump over to Forever Night Challenge Blog and check out all the inspiration offered there, and then--open up to your dark side and celebrate Halloween all year long!!  Don't forget to check out all the awesome images offered by our sponsor, Sassy Studio Designs.

No comments: