PagesPat's Ponderings

Sunday, January 13, 2013

I Will Always Believe in You

I made a card for my teen daughter today.  I wanted to let her know that especially now, while she's dealing with her last year of high school, that she is loved no matter what she decides to do with her life.
I used one of my newest purchases, a Queen Kat Designs stamp called SKY by artist Myka Jelina.  I colored her with Copics and then fussy-cut her out, popping her onto a piece of patterned paper and then framing her with a K&Co sticker frame.
I wanted more depth to the card, so that my daughter could keep it on her dresser to remind her that we will always believe in her.  So I made an easel card, attaching my framed image onto the bottom half of my card so that when folded up it stands, well, like an easel!
I used some Paper Factory patterned paper for the background, and embellished with metal stars.  Around the frame I placed a butterfly and a sentiment.  that's it--no glitter, no shiny (although I did emboss the image before coloring it).  I like the way it turned out, and I hope you do too!
Hope you get to carve out some crafting time in the new year!!

1 comment:

Kathy Bradley said...

Pat,
What a gorgeous card - not just in the artistry - but in the thoughtfulness behind the pretty card. Your daughter will treasure it!