PagesPat's Ponderings

Sunday, January 6, 2013

Got My Eye on the New Year

I've got my eye on the new year and some changes I'm making in my life.  Not big ones (baby steps), but changes for the good.
One of them directly affects my crafting--I am working very hard at becoming and remaining organized.
Which brings me to my card today showcasing a couple of Queen Kat Designs stamped images.  I stamped Eye Chart directly onto a leftover piece of patterned paper from the Once Upon a Time DCWV Stack, then used Tim Holtz Distress Inks and Glimmer Mist to distress the heck out of it.  Then I embossed Citrus stamped image.
And the fun began!  A gold frame runs across a line of the eye chart.  Some gold wire swirls across the card face, with a dark purple feather stuck in there.  Then I added a couple metal stars for that ultra-dreamy effect.
So how am I attempting to become and stay organized?
I have an organizer in which I have put due dates for the projects for the companies/groups I design for.
I have ruthlessly cleaned out my craft room, and have put things in storage containers where (hopefully) they will be returned as I complete each project.
I have made lists of the new techniques I want to try and which product I want to showcase on them.
I am letting go of some of my cards and projects and sending them off to new homes.
Like I said, small steps, but it's a start!
So, how is your new year starting out?  Whatever your plans, keep crafting!

1 comment:

Shawna said...

I love this mystical-like card Pat!