PagesPat's Ponderings

Thursday, December 20, 2012

Christmas FAVOR-ites


Five days left until Christmas Day and I am (almost) finished making all the favors for my dinner guests!  It's really helped me to have a wonderful collection of stamps from Queen Kat Designs.  This one is from artist Terra Bidlespacher and it's called "Brain Storming".

I colored my stamped image with Copics and cut her out.  I framed her with a white diecut snowflakes and then adhered her onto the front of a small notepad I picked up on clearance for,,,wait for it...49 cents!!  I also inked the edges with white and added a single white rose.
This notepad will be added to my growing pile of dinner favors for my guests.  I'm thinking of giving them out to my guests, all wrapped up, then playing the Lefty-Righty Game.  I wrote special lines to the holiday favorite "'twas the Night Before Christmas".  The idea of the game is for all guests to pass their favors to the left when the word LEFT is read, and to pass to the right when the word RIGHT is read.  At the end of the poem, the guests open their favors to keep.  I have several ornaments, notepads, and small gifties.  I need to count them up--I'll need 18 this year!!
Lucky I have so many pretty stamps from QKD from which to choose to decorate my items!  You can too, and will want to, once you check out all the lovely images from the QKD artists HERE.

1 comment:

Cole Meyer said...

Such a wonderful idea! And colored so nicely! I hope you have a wonderful Christmas!