PagesPat's Ponderings

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Good night, Santa!


Hello, crafters!  Yesterday I didn't think my workday would ever end, so last night I made a circle-shaped card to match my mood (because a circle has no end)!  I used a brand spankin' new November release stamped image by the very talented Sandra Caldwell.  It's called Silly Santa, and it is too darn cute!!
He looks like he has just finished his nightlong rounds of delivering packages around the world; hence, the dazed and confused look on his face and his half-shut eyes!!
After coloring my image with Copics, I decided to give his old gray hairs some shine with Stickles.  I "framed" my colored image by using a Copic and coloring a border around the circular edge, then popping it onto my card base to which I had already attached some Christmas Basic Grey patterned paper.  A few leftover jingle bells from a diecut border finishes off the bottom half of my card, while a jeweled mini border and a clothespin Christmas tree embellishment take care of the rest of the card.
My sentiment inside reads:  "Around the world in 12 hours or less makes for happy children and one tired Santa!  Have a peaceful Christmas Day!"
For more of Sandra's images, check out the Shoppe!!

No comments: