PagesPat's Ponderings

Friday, July 27, 2012

It's a Girl!!

At least that's what the ultrasound says about the baby that my girlfriend's daughter is having very soon now. Her baby shower is tomorrow, and my two girlfriends and I are putting are money together to help her buy the most awesome crib/changing table/dresser/bassinet/washer/dryer/oven...well, maybe not the last couple, but it is definitely multipurpose-grows with the child-minimum space taking furniture ever made!
So my girlfriend asked me to make a card for the baby shower, and I love the presentation that a tri-fold shutter card makes.  Here's how the front of the card looks like open.  I had just organized my collection of stickers, so I pulled out my folders of baby and flower stickers, all leftover from previous projects!  Then I reached for the folder labeled sentiments and got a few baby words.
Then I found a beautiful quote online about how a mother carries a baby in her womb for nine months, in her arms for three years and forever in her heart.  I printed it up, diecut it with my Nestabilities Lacy Scallops die and adhered it onto the card.
I finished the card with leftover jewels, pearls, flowers, then doodled with my Sakura white gel pen and finally inked the edges.
So, I have good news and bad news:  The good news is that I'm going to a super fun crop all day tomorrow.  The bad news is that because of the crop, I can't go to the baby shower!!  So I won't get to see all the cute gifties she'll get for her baby girl, but I know she'll love the card.

1 comment:

Holly Young said...

Too bad you had to miss the looks when they opened this card because I'm sure every jaw would be on the floor. This is beyond fabulous Pat!