PagesPat's Ponderings

Sunday, July 15, 2012

Christmas Kisses


I'm on a roll here with my collection of 2012 Christmas cards, thanks to the Queen Kat Designs July stamp release!!  This time I made an easel card with Kissletoe, a gorgeous image by artist Trish Shufelt.

The cardbase is from the Holiday Collection by DCWV.  All the diecuts and embellishments are leftovers from previous projects.

What I love about this card is that I fussy-cut the image, and it wasn't too difficult!  That's because I found a new tool that has become my go-to tool for fussy-cutting my images.  Here's a photo of the tool that I picked up at my local scrapbooking store.
It looks like  tweezers, and all I have to do is squeeze the handle end and the scissors end cuts.  It gives me so much precision!!

Meanwhile, back to my card, I like it better open, like above, but it looks pretty good closed, too, which is how my sister and her husband will see it  when they open the envie.  Here's what it looks like closed.

So now I have two Christmas cards-only twenty-two more to make!!  I know a lot of crafters who choose one design and make all their cards the same, but I am lucky to have quite a few Christmas stamps, so I like to mix it up a bit every year!!  How about you?  Less time on the same cards, or more time on a bunch of different ones?

No comments: