PagesPat's Ponderings

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Hey Good Looking

I have many favorite images from Squigglefly, some of them recently acquired and some of them from last year.  But my all-time fave digi image is called "Badonkadonk" by artist Chesney Young.  Every time I color her, she has a different message for her admirers.
Today, she's letting her hubby know how much she loves him.  The card could be for his anniversary or his birthday, because the sentiment inside reads, "Grow old with me...the best is yet to be"
My card is shaped with a Nestabilities die and folded in half. I covered it with some yummy Citrus patterned paper, and a coordinating paper inside as well.
I embellished with heart beads snagged off a broken necklace and sent to me in a swap package.  I tossed on a few jewels as well.  A pretty little polka dot bow that I found in the clearance bins at Hobby Lobby finishes off my card for this week's Squigglefly Challenge Blog (make a shaped-card).
Oh, I forgot that I took my white gel pen and hand drew faux stitching around the card front!  That is as "real" as I get when it comes to sewing! LOL
Have fun with this challenge-I know I did!!

4 comments:

Holly Young said...

Really sassy card here Pat! I love the paper you used and the stitching is great even if it is faux! Love the sentiment you used to - it's one of my favorites!

Kathy Bradley said...

Your card is sizzling!! What an adorable card and this image is so much fun to worth with - awesome!

Charlene Mitchell said...

Pat, this is definitely a sizzling card! I love it and you do such a great job with this image!

wannabcre8tive said...

Love this cute and fun card.