PagesPat's Ponderings

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Smitten

Today I made a Z-Fold card, using a Hambo Stamps digital image called NERD.  Their challenge this week at the Hoedown is to use a Hambo image like my nice little NERD and plaid patterned paper in your project. 
Besides the two different plaid papers, I used my Epic Six to frame the image as well as the inside sentiment.  The plain patterns were so busy that I decided to minimalize the embellishments, placing a nice blue swirl on the front, and a few heart brads on the inside.  The sentiment I used is one of three that you get when you purchase the NERD digi image from Hambo Stamps.  I also covered the flowers on the image with tiny Prima flowers of my own for extra dimension.

Now it's time for YOU to put on your dancing shoes and play in the Hambo Hoedown!

8 comments:

Monica Hunter said...

Awww, this is SO cute Pat! And I love that you used the little Prima flowers in his bouquet! Great job with this week's challenge!

Melissa said...

What an a "adorkable" card!

Lee Mae said...

This card is so sweet and nerdy at the same time. Love it!

Holly Young said...

Such a cute card. Love your fun fold!

Sincerely, Ree said...

Cute card! I love all the details.

Stacy H-W said...

Friday the 13th seems like a lucky day for you Pat. You are not only our Friday Fav at Crafter's Companion USA Challenge Blog but you also won the stamp set giveaway this week!!! Go check it out if you haven't already done so. Stacy

Jan Hunnicutt said...

Oh my is he ever cute!

Beverly said...

Oh my goodness!! Look at all of that fussy cutting. Love the plaid paper and your coloring is perfect!