PagesPat's Ponderings

Sunday, April 15, 2012

Pink is Spring!

Spring is here---finally!!  The weather has been so crazy this year, so it's nice to finally have real Spring days and nights.  And with Spring comes all the lovely colors of the season!
I put my blakcs and browns and dark colors away (but not too far away) in order to play with some PINK cards.  Recently I purchased an assorted lot of High Hopes rubber stamps.  They were too darn cute to pass up, so today my granddaughter and I made cards.  The first is a brand new design (to me, anyway) called a box card. 

You can catch the YouTube tutorial HERE, but it only uses an 8.5x11 piece of card stock and minimal cuts to make a card in which to place a nice RAK (Random Act of Kindness) of crafting items and a nice sentiment.  It would be prefect for a birthday card with a gift card enclosed, because the gift card won't fall out!  Here it is closed, with a playful duck image and the sentiment "Silly Goose".  Looks like a Gate-Fold card, doesn't it?  The ribbon is holding the card closed, because when you take it off and open the card, you discover the goodies inside, and you don't
even expect them!!

My next card again uses a stamped image from High Hopes.  I used an embossed card front and some green jewels.  The embellishments are minimal, just a very small piece of paper doily at the top of the image, a small pink heart-shaped brad and a ribbon tied in a bow.  I left the inside blank, because this card is being added to my priority box of cards going to deployed men and women to send to their own loved ones throughout the year.

Whether or not you supoort the US involvement in the mideast, please keep those stationed there in your heart and your prayers.  And as always, keep crafting!

p.s.  My granddaughter told me to take a picture of her own card and put it on the blog, too, but I must have erased it. So here's a pic of her.  She is my hearts' delight! She is four years old and today she counted to one hundred on her own three times!!!  She also made four cards, one each for her daddy, papa, her aunt and a birthday card for me!  And no, I didn't make that flower, but I wish I knew how to!!!  LOL  Enjoy the week!!!

3 comments:

Holly Young said...

Pat your card is so cute and I love how it holds a surprise! thanks for supplying the link to the tutorial! Your granddaughter is just darling. You need to teach her 100 bottles of "pop" on the bar since she can count to 100!

Melissa said...

The cards and your granddaughter are both beautiful!

Shawna said...

What a wonderful card!!!! Love that little duck image, too.