PagesPat's Ponderings

Saturday, April 14, 2012

My Crafting Zen

Zentangles, that is!  Have you discovered zentangles yet?  Thye're addicting, they're fun, they're relaxing, and they make you look like a real artist!

Spring by Pat Martin
 What is a Zentangle? "In a word, a doodle. A structured, contained doodle. The term 'Zentangle' was coined by Rick Roberts and Maria Thomas when, one day, Maria described her experience, as she created her art, as "feeling timeless, free and engendering a sense of deep well-being". Rick recognised that she was in a meditative state and so Zentangles were born."

So, I started with a rainbow, decided to give it a Spring theme, and took off from there!  I doodle all the time, with no rhyme or reason, so I fell into Zentangles and haven't even looked up and away!!

They are so very addicting, but don't do them close to bed time!  If you're like me, you'll see black lines over white spaces when you close your eyes!! LOL


Love Letters by Pat Martin
 I hope you'll try your hand at Zentangles!  Here's a very basic one if you want to snag it to color:

And as always, my peeps, keep crafting!!

2 comments:

Holly Young said...

I love your tangles Pat! Super job!

Melissa said...

I love what you did with those! Super awesome!