PagesPat's Ponderings

Monday, February 20, 2012

Brighten Your Day with a New Squigglefly Challenge

Make a card that is sunny and bright-use yellow on your card!  That is the new Squigglefly Challenge on their blog this week, and I have been enjoying some sunny and bright moments this weekend. I made my card while still at home, packing up for a road trip with my teen daughter to visit her first college.  I took a photo of the card and brought my camera along for the trip, so am able to schedule this post for Monday, although it is a Sunday night.
My card uses an image from Marlene S called Worry Warts.  The image actually comes with its own sentiment but I used my own.  I made an easel card due to my 2-part sentiment, as I feel the easel card gives the front and inside sentiment an impact otherwise lost on a regularly-folded card. 
On ther right is my card closed flat.  I paper-pieced the image, and attached it in two parts with dimensional tape for, well, dimension!  Free-cut and inked a lily pad, added some watery-looking patterned paper, inked the yellow background with white ink and popped a cloud there, and printed out the first part of my sentiment:  "Frog Parking Only", trying to make it look like a traffic sign.

When my card is opened and propped up on its "easel", you can read both parts of the sentiment, the second one reading: "All others will be Toad".
 I saw this sentiment on a bumper sticker this month and thought what a great card it would make, so went rooting around for an image to match it!
I love digi's for this very reason.  I rooted around for it in my Squigglefly digi collection on my computer, which was so easy to look for and find the image I wanted.  I can also print it the size and perspective I wanted for my card! 
By the way, did you see the worried little lady bug in the lower right corner?  I think he wants to beat a fast retreat before he gets "TOAD away"! LOL
Okay, your turn to play in the Squigglefly challenge this week.  You could be the lucky winner of a free digi--the only difficult part is choosing just one!!!

7 comments:

THERESA said...

This is just super, love the sentiment, makes me think of lovely flowers!!
lotsa luv

Tammy said...

Super card Pat! Great colors and coloring!

bumblebee creations said...

oh my goodness Pat! WHat a wonderful creation!

Holly Young said...

Pat your sentiment is hilarious! I love how you did the frog too!

Linda W. said...

Soul sis you have such an artistic sense of humor! I love the toad parking!

Kathy Bradley said...

I love, love your card and the "toad parking" is precious! Adorable and fun card!

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

LOL PAT! That's too funny, I love that sentiment. LOVE IT. You are hilarious. Great card, thanks for playing the squigglefly challenge this week. Hugs, Holley