PagesPat's Ponderings

Monday, September 5, 2011

When Family is Far-Flung...

...about the only time we get the whole gang together is at weddings and funerals.  Luckily, this weekend it was a wedding.  The ceremony was at Holy Name Cathedral, a gorgeous place of worship where the Cardinal resides and celebrates Mass.  The reception was held at Cafe la Cave, whose name is corny but whose environment is 5 star.  Hubby and I went, and my daughter went as my sister's date.  The table at which we sat held almost our entire family, those of us that are left.  It's sad to go to weddings and be surrounded by tables of family, and know that ours comprise roughly 12 people!
Anyhow, I made a wedding card for the event, using a card for inspiration that I discovered on SplitCoast Stampers.  I used White Glitter cardstock for the base, adding a layer of paper from My Mind’s Eye Holiday Glitter Stack and another from Anna Griffin Christmas Scrapbook Cardstock Stack.  I stamped the Stampology “Between the Lines” sentiment with ColorBox Gold ink pad and embellished it with adhesive-backed pearls.  The flowers are from Michael’s, the lace from a rummage sale find and the key from my magic box of leftovers!


The inside showcases a quote from Barbara De Angelis, framed with pearls and lace on the top piece, and the bottom is stamped using Anna Griffin pigment ink pad in brown and cut out using my Epic Six and Nestabilities Label Four.  I inked the edges, placed a  pearl at each end, and used Gold and Silver Stickles for the rings.  I placed a tiny pearl border at the bottom, leaving room for our signatures.


Because the card is so chunky, I brought out my Ultimate Tool from Crafter’s Companion and made an Envelo-Box about a half inch thick in which to place the card.  I love my Envelo-Boxer and Ultimate Tool! I’m using it more often, and actually made it with using just the measurement guide instead of the dvd for instructions.
 
















Check out this link for the card I used for inspiration at
http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/2042691

I've entered this card in the CRAFT YOUR PASSION Challenge. 
This is first "Anything Goes with a TWIST" challenge. This week's twist is FLOWERS. Make sure to add at least one flower to you project this week. And don't forget to vote for next months TWIST.

2 comments:

Heather said...

Gorgeous wedding card!

Gaynor Greaves said...

gorgeous flower and card, thanks for sharing with us at craft your passion and good luck, hope to see you again, Gaynor DT :)