PagesPat's Ponderings

Thursday, June 2, 2011

New Kids on the Hambo Block

Hambo Stamps is releasing EIGHT brand new digis.
Their new weekly challenge is all about the new Kids digi images and buttons to make a thank you card. My card uses Strawberry Kid digi image, which I received free for entering their last week’s challenge.
I colored him with Copics: E00,08; B93,97; R29; RV09 & G21 & YG67. I paper pieced three layers of the printed image to give him dimension and placed him on a card, then tucked that card into a pocket card whose template I received from Stampin Up. I used patterned paper on which I printed friendship quotes, and the card stock card base is Paper Trey's Ocean Tides. The sentiment came with the Strawberry Kid digi, and the few strawberries that are stamped and colored came from my dear friend Linda.

I embellished the card with some grossgrain ribbon that I colored with Copic G21 to match the colors of my card, and a MS bow that I adhered to my strawberry-colored BUTTON.
I think it's very summery. Go check out the Bacon Bits' inspiration cards at the Hambo Hoedown this week!!

4 comments:

NoraAnne said...

This is SO cute :) I love how you printed the text onto the patterned paper, that's very clever! These kids are just so cute, and you did a great job showcasing the Strawberry image! Thanks for playing in the Hambo Hoedown!

Monica Hunter said...

What a fun project! And I LOVE the green ribbon at the top of the strawberry. You're so creative! Thanks for sharing. :)

Beverly said...

What a cute little origami pocket card. Your image panel fits perfectly into it. Love your papers and the ribbon really sets it off..
Thanks for dancing with us at the Hoedown!

Bonnie said...

Super duper Cute!! Love that origami pocket!!Thanks for playing in our Hambo Hoedown!