PagesPat's Ponderings

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Spring is Sprung!!

SPRING Layout

While visiting my mom, I noticed her crocuses struggling to wake up from their winter nap. What a great photo that would make, I thought. And my thoughts led to this layout! Of course, I was asked to design something with the word SPRING in it for Your Scrapbook place Challenge blog, so everything feel into place nicely!!
The base is patterned paper from a DCWV Stack; Cardstocks from Paper Trey and WalMart and leftovers; Title from Studio18 Alpha Stickers; Journaling was on computer and from The Quote Garden; Misc embellies were punched with the Paper Studio 1-7/8” scallop circle punch and 1” circle punch from Cosmo Cricket Earth love Stack.
I can’t wait until they bloom! Don’t you love Spring? Then scrap it! LOL
Spring card

I love the colors of Spring! This card was put together in about ten minutes using leftovers from my stash drawer, as well as Core-dinations paper for the card base and lovely handmade quilled flowers from Anna Nikander (thanks, Anna). Can you tell that I love to distress my paper, especially Core-dinations??? I used a sanding block from CTMH, one of my fave tools.

I hope you will be inspired by my Spring projects to create your own. If you do, please head over to Your Scrapbook Place and show it off!

3 comments:

Linda W. said...

You've captured spring's beauty every way possible! Now we just need to dig out from all this rain! Beautiful work Pat!

A little bit about me and my life... said...

that's a great lo and subject .. I would never think to take a picture of the pre-flower lol .. I might have to do that when I get home !

Anna said...

Pat your card is gorgeous! Thanks for the shout-out on the quilled flowers. I love how you coordinated the colors. A truly lovely creation! Many hugs, Anna