PagesPat's Ponderings

Sunday, March 21, 2010

No photo

Although I just finished another five pages, I haven't posted their photos, and I don't plan to. The last layout almost killed me. I lost a very good friend about two years ago. She died the night before we were supposed to get together. I didn't find out until she was about three hours late to meet me at my house. When I talked with her ex, I thought she had been in a car accident. She died a stupid death, passing out while in the bathtub. She had some serious issues, and I'll never know if it was an accident or not.
I just scrapped the few pictures I had of her and me together. I had a couple of my son and her daughter, who are the same age. We met when they were both in a park district class together. We really bonded, started working out together, had play dates with the kids, shopped together, took the kids trick or treating together. Our friendship stood up to several moves and her divorce. We saw less and less of each other, but when we did get together, we picked up where we left off, and I felt that our bond was still strong as ever.
I couldn't make it inot the room where the slideshow was playing with photos of her. Her own mom and daughters ended up consoling me at the memorial, and I left early so that they could share the day more comfortably with everybody else. Now I've lost touch with her daughters,a dn that part of my life is over and gone, but not forgotten, and there's a whole in my heart that I don't think will ever go away. I miss her.
These pages are going in the back of one of my scrapbooks. I wrote her a three page letter and asked her why, knowing I won't get an answer. But I finished the layout, and maybe that as well as this entry will help a little.

No comments: