PagesPat's Ponderings

Thursday, October 22, 2009

My Contest Card

My lss is hosting a card contest that started on World Cardmaking Day and ends tomorrow. I had already made one card with the supplies we were given, and it was a pretty card, but I thought I could go one better. Since I had a small obsession LOL with tri-fold cards, I thought I should make my card entry a trifold.
The cardstock is Bazzill, the patterned paper from Memory Box Company. The stamped images are also memory box. The jewels, buttons and ribbon were all in the card kit we received for the contest. We were allowed two extra embellishments, besides cardstock, ink and embossing powder. I chose two snowflakes as my extras. The sentiment is not from the stamp set I received, but from a Christmas Stampin Up set.
I love this paper, and went to the store to buy another pack of it. It is so pretty with the subtle aqua blues. A very light-handed touch to Christmas/winter colors, don't you think?
There are thirty other very talented crafters in the contest. All our cards will be donated to Cards For Heroes.

2 comments:

Verna' Grant said...

Awesome Card Pat! I love it!

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

What a stunning card Pat! You make such beautiful tri-fold cards.