PagesPat's Ponderings

Sunday, June 21, 2009

New Cards Created

I went to a crop yesterday in Woodstock. Although I only scrapped two pages, I made 18 new cards for a swap on one of my groups. I have three places in the card exchange: birthday, any occasion and get well. I used a Whiff of Joy stamp for the birthday cards. That mouse is so cute! I colored him with copics, glitzed with Stickles and framed the image on cardstock. I used Glimmer Mist to color my tags after I stamped the sentiment
I found this stamp in the clearance bin at HobbyLobby years ago. I used my brayer on glossy white cardstock to get the rainbow effect as the base of the card. The I punched the corners of the cardstock mat behind the image, colored her with the same color as the paper, and added the ribbon and felt flower for embellishment.

I decided to use this eye-popping paper for this card after I backed the image onto the burgundy-colored cardstock. The image is from a StampinUp stamp set, the very first one I bought at least ten years ago! I colored with copics and used Liquid Glass to bring out the heart pills. Besides the flowers, I used Skittles to pop out a line of dots on the cards.
So now I'm ready to mail out my cards for the swap, and lucky me I made one extra in each category!


2 comments:

Cindy said...

Great Job on the cards! Love it!!

Susan said...

I really like the colors you used!